So far 9 people have signed up for the Portland meet on the 5th and 6th of June. Currently, Anni and Tony Bishopp, Yvonne and Graham Alexander, Andy Potter, Pixie, Loz, Tony H and Adam are going.
At the moment there are still places available, although we are keen to finalize numbers with the bunkhouse owner. If anyone else would like to join and hasn't signed up would they let Tony Bishopp (email@example.com) know before the 17th April.
The redpointing workshop is now full. Tony will contact the people who signed up individually as it would be useful for him to see them climb beforehand so he can tailor the workshop to the right level.
BCC Meets Secretary
Question: What do Verdon, Greenland and Pecos have in common?
Answer: They are all things I have something to tell you about...
- Verdon - An awesome gorge in the South of France. Frequented by Loz and Tony for climbing adventures. Read all about it here!
- Greenland - The beautiful wilderness where the inteprid Zoe Proctor enjoyed her latest Ski Touring experience. Checkout Zoe's blog article here.
- Pecos - Where out hut secretary Bob Crosby is going from Tuesday 14th April, until Friday 24th. Anyone wanting to stay in the hut can contact Bob during this time by Text on 07934 475926. He will have the hut diary with him all the time.
Just a quick apology to everyone who has entered the Charnwood Hills race. I don't intend to keep sending you invites to Bowline Climbing Club events (although new members are of course always very welcome to come along). A case of selecting the wrong option when publishing invites, hopefully it won't happen again!
BCC Meets Secretary
A delibrately delayed email this week as I will be in Fountainbleau over Easter so you won't hear from me again until around 11th April. Fingers crossed for good weather for everyone heading out over Easter for adventures. As you have probably guessed from the invites I've been sending out we are getting busier on the meets front now and organisation for the summer meets is in full swing. You should recently have received invites to the Spring open bouldering competition, Love the hut weekend, Lake district (Borrowdale), and Pembrokeshire sea cliff climbing (St Petrocs). Hopefully you can all make these, and don't forget the full meets list is always on the website, and the upcoming meets (usually next two months worth) are at the bottom of this email.
Before I disappear off to France there are a few things I'd like to share with you all:
- Thanks to everyone who came to the Mountain Biking meet at the weekend. A special thank you to the club members for making our non-club guests feel very welcome, and to Claudia for organising all the catering. We had a great time on and off the trail. Definitely the most popular trail was the 'Launchpad' and we can share this with you thanks to Lisa and Toms GoPro fitted to my handlebars, as I follow Jo Tucker (one of our guests) down the trail, check it out here on YouTube.
- For all the cyclists there are cycle rides on Sat 9th May, all in aid of Macmillan. 100km & 60km road rides, 30km Off road and 5km family ride, all starting and finishing at The Langton Brewery. Full details can be found at http://macmillanharborough.org.uk/
- We have some availablility at our fantastic club hut over the summer. At only £5 per night for club members this is a fantastic way to enjoy the wonderful Snowdonia national park.
- And finally can I remind everyone that when you make a payment to the club, please send an email to the Club Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let him know what you are paying for. This little extra step makes Dave's life so much easier!
Final reminder of orders for club clothing. I'm on holiday with club in Font next week until 8th April. After that no more orders OK?
I find it hard to believe it has been a year since I took over as Meets Secretary from the talented Michelle Aukland. So many great things have happened since then and it was nice to write my report for the AGM and to reflect on the awesome times I've enjoyed with my fellow Bowliners and friends (If you'd like to read the report I've included it at the bottom of this email).
Thanks to everyone that came along to the AGM last Wednesday, there are a few things I'd like to highlight from the meeting:
- On behalf of the committee I'd like to say a big thanks to Andy Railton for all his hardwork (and there was quite a lot of hardwork) during his time as Chairman (Andy will be staying on the committee as an ordinary member).
- We now welcome last years vice-chairman, Dick Freer, to the Chair of the club committee.
- I'd like to thank Paul Parker and Michelle Aukland for there assistance over the past year as ordinary members of the club committee.
- And also welcome Suzie Imber to the committee as an ordinary member.
- The remaining committee members are the same as last year, you can find the committee's details on the website.
- The full minutes of the AGM will be available in due course, but several motions were passed which amended the clubs bye-laws. You will find the updated version on the website in the members area.
We've got busy time coming up with a Mountain Biking trip to the Forest of Dean this weekend. Followed by our trip to Fontainebleau over the easter weekend.
You should also all have received emails inviting you to our Spring 'open' bouldering competition, and also our Love the hut weekend. Keep an eye out for invitations to more events in the next few weeks (and if you can't wait check out the full meets list on the website).
Hopefully see lots of you at bouldering on Tuesday or climbing on Thursday.
Have a great week!
Hope you are all having a good weekend!
This time I am emailing you with a request for a little assistance. I am off to Fountainebleau at the end of the month and I would really like to have my own bouldering mat to take with me. Does anyone have (or know of) a bouldering mat that is in need of a new home?
I would like to put in the order for the Club T-Shirts & Hoodies in the next two weeks. So if you would like to order T-Shirts or Hoodies can you fill in the order form and send it to me ASAP. The order form was attached to the original Email, you can also download the order form from the club website by looking at the previous items on the front page of the website.
Hope you've all had a lovely weekend whether you were in North Wales for our hut meet, at the Awesome walls in Sheffield on Sunday, or having your own adventures (as I was in the Brecon Beacons).
As you should all already know via email, we are hosting the 4th Croft Hills Race on Wednesday 29th April (7pm). This is a great race to enter even if you're 'not a runner'. I'll be there, sporting my Bowline Club T-Shirt, and it would be great to see as many of you as possible entering as well (and sporting your Bowline Club T-Shirts too).
I'll just give one final little reminder of the club AGM this Wednesday. Hope to see lots of you there!
There will be more details later this week for our trip to the Lake district on the first May bank holiday. Also keep an eye out in the next few weeks for details of our trip to the Dolomites in late August. And remember you can always find the full meets list on the website.
Don't forget bouldering at The Station on Tuesday and climbing at The Tower on Thursday!
Have a great week!
Can I remind everyone that it is the club AGM next Wednesday at 7:30 PM at the Black Horse in Aylestone.
On the announcement notice sent out by Email there were several attachments, can I ask everyone to print out their own copies.
Hope to see you there.