Good morning Bowliners,
An annoyingly typical summer it is being at the moment, with sunshine in the week whilst your staring longingly out of the office window wishing you were at a nice crag. And then giving all those nice crags a good soaking at the weekend when you are actually free to climb them.
That said we had good fun this week with climbing both locally and in the Peak on Thursday night. And several groups braved the showers at the weekend for adventurers in the Mountains. Club members also enjoyed a trip to the BMC Midlands area meeting and George cave lecture on Wednesday night (next meeting is on September 10th and features a talk by Nick Colton).
We now have a new BMC Access Rep for Midlands East, Jo Goodson. She would like to get familiar with the climbing activities that are happening in the area so if you go climbing at a local crag, please drop Jo an email to let her know (just when, where, and how many climbers) - email@example.com
This week once more we have a full range of activities on offer including running, bouldering, cycling and climbing. Also don't forget we have a peak weekend coming up on the 21st June (note this is a change of date, was previously 14th June).
SUMMER MEAL - Is only 3 weeks away, we still have places available so get yourself booked in for what will certainly be a great weekend.
- Running - If you've not run before why not come and give it a go, meet at the Bradgate Park main car park in Newton Linford at 7pm. Contact Andy Potter (07796 220055)
- Cycling - Meet at the 'Old Hare and Hounds' pub in Anstey at 6:30pm. Road cycling around the lovely local countryside with finishing back at the pub around 8pm. Contact Paul Barrett (07580 379067).
- Bouldering - Our regular bouldering meet at The Station in Loughborough from 6pm. Once you've tired your arms out come and relax at the pub with us (see below). Contact Andy Potter (07796 220055).
- Social meet - Whether you've been bouldering, cycling, running or just want to get out of the house. Come and meet us in the 'Old Hare and Hounds' pub in Anstey from 8pm for a chance to catchup and make plans for adventure! Contact Andy Potter (07796 220055).
- Climbing - This week we will be at Wildcat crag near Matlock from 6pm. I will be leaving Leicester around 4:30pm if anyone wants a lift. As usual if the weather is adverse then we'll be indoors at The Tower. To get updates on whether we will be outdoors or indoors contact Andy Railton (07894 533629).
Upcoming meets (see our website for full meets list):
- June 21st/22nd - Peak Weekend meet, Climbing Cycling, Walking, etc - Contact Andy Railton (07984 533629)
- June 28th/29th - SUMMER MEAL at Caban, Brynrefail, book NOW - Contact Michelle Aukland (07812 108919)
- July 5th/6th - Peak Weekend meet, Climbing Cycling, Walking, etc - Contact Andy Railton (07984 533629)
- July 12th/13th - Saunders Mountain Marathon - Contact Michelle Aukland (07812 108919)
- July 26th/27th - Club hut meet, Climbing, Cycling, Walking, MTB - Contact Bob Crosby (07934 475926)
- The BMC are holding a festival at Stanage to celebrate their 70th anniversary. Could be good fun if you aren't able to make the summer meal!
BCC Meets Secretary