Don't forget that next week we have the Bowline Climbing Clubs Croft Hills race. Starting (appropriately) in the village of Croft and covering a distance of 4.5 miles this is a great race to enter whether to compete or just for fun. I'll be running so you know you won't be in last place.
Check out the entry form for full details (entry on the night is possible too).
OK so the weather isn't great tomorrow so a gang of us are going to go for a walk in the morning in The Peak whilst the weather is OK (ish). Followed by climbing indoors in either Sheffird or Nottingham afterwards.
Leaving Leicester at 9:30am. Exact walking location TBD but if you fancy joining us let me know (email / text) and I'll update you in the morning!
The weather forecast for the weekend is not looking very good at the moment. However for those of you keen to do some climbing I can offer a glimmer of hope. The plan is to keep a close eye on the weather for Sunday and do one of the following.
a) If the weather is favourable then climb all day at Stannage (preferable)
b) Go climbing indoors in Sheffield on Sunday morning and then climb outdoors in the afternoon if the weather has improved.
c) Go climbing indoors in Sheffield on Sunday morning and then go for a walk in the Peak in the afternoon if the weather is not good enough for climbing.
I'll send out an email update on Saturday evening when we know what the weather is likely to be doing. If you are interested in coming and want to know exactly where we'll be going and when then let me know your mobile number and I will text with an update on Sunday morning.
Apologies for the late update this week but I've only just this evening got back from an amazing time bouldering in Fontainebleau. I'll try not to go on to much about the great bouldering, great company, great weather, great times... you get the idea! A big thanks to everyone that came for making it a fab meet, watch out for the trip report soon!
Hope you all had a super bank holiday weekend. I hear that good times were had in North Wales and no doubt Bowiners were out making the most of the long weekend. Whatever you were up too I hope it was great, and I'd very much like to hear about it, so would other club members. Why not send us a brief write-up of your adventurers.
- Running - Meet at the main Bradgate Park car park in Newton Linford at 6:30pm. Around 8km of offroad running around the park and surrounding countryside. We'll be resting our legs at the pub (see below) afterwards. Contact Andy Potter (07796 220055)
- Cycling - Meet at the 'Old Hare and Hounds' pub in Anstey at 6:30pm. Road cycling around the lovely local countryside with finishing back at the pub around 8pm. Contact Paul Barrett (07580 379067)
- Bouldering - Our regular bouldering meet at The Station in Loughborough from 6pm. Once you've tired your arms out come and relax at the pub with us (see below). Contact Andy Potter (07796 220055)
- Social meet - Whether you've been bouldering, cycling, running or just want to get out of the house. Come and meet us in the'Old Hare and Hounds' pub in Anstey from 8pm for a chance to catchup and make plans for adventure! Contact Andy Potter (07796 220055)
Thursday evening: - Climbing - Local climbing at Shepshe Quarry if the weather permits or indoors at The Tower if the weather isn't good enough. Meet at 6pm, to get updates on whether we will be outdoors or indoors contact Andy Railton (07894 533629).
- May 3rd-5th - Lake District meet, Climbing, Cycling, Walking, MTB - Contact Andy Potter (07796 220055).
- May 24th-26th - Pembroke meeting, Sea cliff climbing, Walking, Cycling - Contact Andy Potter (07796 220055).
- May 31st-June 1st - Club hut meet, Climbing, Cycling, Walking, MTB - Contact Bob Crosby (07934 475926)
- June 28th-29th - SUMMER MEAL at Caban, Brynefail, book NOW - Contact Michelle Aukland (07812 108919)
- Want to go climbing at 'Range West' in Pembrokeshire. Check out the info from the BMC and if you're coming to our Pembroke meet then you'll be in luck as one of the briefings is on the Saturday morning!
- The next BMC Midlands area meeting & George Cave lecture will be on Wednesday 4th June in Solihull. See the BMC Midlands web page for full details.