This event is in the past.
The AGM has been postponed due to the situation with COVID-19. We will provide an update with a new date as an when the situation permits.
The Bowline Climbing Club’s 2020 Annual General Meeting will be held at Peter Pizzeria, Welford Place, Leicester LE1 6ZH, starting 16:00 sharp. Following the AGM those who would like to are welcome to stay on and consume pizza and beer - the more the merrier! You can view the menu, venue and prices here http://www.peterpizzeria.co.uk. Please indicate that you are staying for Pizza by registering via the above button so we can let the venue know how many they need to cater for. NB: There is also pre-AGM bouldering at Social Climbing from 13:00.
To comply with our rules, we need at least a quarter of eligible members to attend the AGM but in reality, we want as many as possible to ensure discussion and voting reflects the views of the wider club.
Your committee have been busy responding to member's suggestions and feedback over the past year and we have proposals to discuss and where appropriate vote on;
· Family membership - a recommendation from the committee to create a Family Membership scheme to allow members kids (and grandchildren) to join formally so they become more closely associated with the club and can be covered by the BMC's third party liability insurance.
· Membership fee updates - proposals for the new Family Membership rates for under 18s and refinements to membership fees of other categories to reflect a year's experience of these and help address some anomalies – to be fully discussed at the AGM and voted on of course.
· Some updates to the Byelaws the committee think will better reflect today's club
· Charnwood Hills Race – a full discussion of the impact to our finances of not being able to run this year's race and the steps we plan to take over the coming months to try and protect next year's event
· We also need to elect Committee officers and members for the coming year (another great way to get involved - the current membership secretary is standing down next year and we will need to elect a vice chair for next year - so if you're interested in joining the committee team please let us know!).
The Formal agenda, explanatory notes, new byelaws, and income/expenditure accounts have been sent to all club members via email. Please remember, whilst only paid up full members can vote at the meeting, we welcome views of all so come along and get involved. And don't forget - if you can't attend in person please take a moment to complete a Proxy Voting form to ensure you have a say in the future of your club!
Under the Club's Rules of Association we are only allowed to vote on Motions at the AGM that have been circulated at least 14 days prior to the AGM. Club Subscriptions, Hut Fees and Votes to elect committee members are standing items on the AGM agenda and don't need to be proposed as a Motion.
If you can't attend the AGM you may either vote on the Motions that are appended to the attached AGM Agenda on the Proxy Voting Slip OR nominate someone to vote in your place (also on the Proxy Voting Slip) as a proxy who is going to attend the AGM and is ELIGIBLE to vote. You MUST however send in your completed Proxy Voting Slip to the Club Secretary either by Email or Post within 48 hours of the date of AGM, that is by 16:00 on Thursday the 26th of March.
Club Secretary Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Secretary Address: 8, Harrier Close, Broughton Astley, Leicester, LEICS, LE9 6RU