This event is in the past.
We usually have a Mountain Biking weekend trip in the autumn but this year we can't do an overnight trip. So instead we are going to run a couple of day trips of which this is the first with a trip to the trails at Cannock Chase (we will have a single track ride in the Peak later in the autumn).
As we have to comply with various COVID Secure requirements you MUST book a place in order to attend this meet. When you book you need to provide your name and contact details which will be held securely for 21 days by the meet leader in order support the NHS track and trace system. Each individual attending this meet must book separately provide their own contact details directly to the meet leader.
In addition when you book your place you must confirm to the meet leader that you have understood and agree to comply with the guidance for this meet which is listed below. Please read the guidance below and then you can contact the meet leader who's details is provided at the end.
- Everyone attending the meet is responsible for maintaining social distancing of at least 2 metres from other persons.
- You must leave a safe distance between yourself and the rider ahead given the conditions, visibility, trail features, your ability, etc. This distance must be at least 2 metres.
- If you wish to overtake a slower rider you must communicate with the rider and ensure you pass safely and maintaining a distance of at least 2 metres from the other rider,
- You must take care to maintain at least 2 metres distance from other persons at pinch points such as road crossings and when waiting for slower riders to catchup.
- You should avoid touching gates and trail furniture where possible.
- You should ride well within your competency level to reduce the risk of incidents happening.
- You need to bring your own hand sanitiser and/or anti-bacterial wipes. You need to bring your own face mask,.
- You need to bring all your own equipment, this should include a small personal, first aid kit, spare tubes, tyre pumps, food, drink, etc.
- You must not share your equipment, food or drinks with other persons.
- You should review the latest guidance for administering first aid during COVID-19.
- Where first aid needs to be administered this should be done by self administration by the casualty where possible, using their own first aid supplies.
- Where first aid is required to be administered to another person as they cannot self administer then appropriate PPE (face mask, gloves, apron, safety goggles) must be used. Each group leader will be provided with the required PPE and a bag for carrying away any used first aid supplies and used PPE.
- If travelling to the meet via car make sure you are aware of and comply with the current regulations regarding car sharing. If travelling to the meet via public transport please make sure you comply with the regulations regarding face coverings on public transport.
- You must ensure you review the relevant current government and local guidelines regarding COVID-19 when booking your place and before you attend.
- If you are sheilding or if you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or are living with someone with symptoms, then you must not attend the meet.
- If you present any COVID-19 symptoms or become symptomatic after the event then you must inform NHS track and trace, you must also inform the club (via the meet leader).
The above guidance is derived from our COVID-19 risk assessment for this event.
We will meet in the Birches Valley Forest Main Car Park at Cannock Chase. We wil start the ride at 11am so arrive in good time to setup your bike, locate the rest of the attendees and be ready ride at 11am). We will divide into no more than 4 groups (each with a group leader) as decided by those present on the day but likely to be based broadly on ability. We expect to be riding for around 3-4 hours so you should bring whatever food and drink you will need to for this duration.
The meet leader will be Andy Potter and members wanting to attend the meet must book a place by contacting Andy via email or text (email@example.com or 07796 220055). Remember when booking to include your full name, contact details and confirmation that you've read the above guidance for the meet. Only those persons with places confirmed by Andy should attend the meet.